Struggling to stay awake today. Haven't done as much of yesterday's work as I'd hoped to. New work has appeared.
Good thing I'm not about to go get a covid booster, that never wipes anybody out!
And I've got to get up early tomorrow to have a 13-hour day going to London and back.
The guy at the pharmacy doing the vaccines was delightful, he invited all three of us to come into the little consultation room when it was clear we were all together. He was great: he was sympathetic to V not being able to get a free booster even though they're very disabled, he didn't bat an eye at our masks or how hairy my upper arm is when I'd just told him I'm a Female...
When we said we were getting the shots early so they have kicked in by the time D and I are going to Germany, the guy asked "for a holiday?" and I laughed and said "For an operation I can't get on the NHS." When we were all done and saying goodbye, he wished me well with the operation, which was very sweet.
When we got home, I started an email to a colleague with "Hey Erik." Her name is not Erik. It doesn't even have any of the same letters as "Erik"! Erik is me! Not her.
I just have not been sleeping enough lately.
I did manage to make dinner, except I forgot to make rice, but D had to serve it up (and make microwave rice). And I started thinking wistfully about bedtime by 7:30.
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-23 10:57 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 10:08 pm (UTC)It was solidly okay. :) thank you.
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-24 03:55 pm (UTC)You sound very very tired and microwave rice is INVENTED for times like this where you are tired or forget and 90 seconds later you have rice-like-substance.
I hope you manage some sleep soon - the jabs aren't too tiring and your work gets less tiring too.
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 10:09 pm (UTC)microwave rice is INVENTED for times like this where you are tired or forget and 90 seconds later you have rice-like-substance
This is very true! And we had an Aldi special with seeds and quinoa in it which V particularly (but all of us I think) really liked and we'd have had more boring rice if it was cooked the usual way. So this is not without its silver linings. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-26 11:15 pm (UTC)