[personal profile] cosmolinguist

When we had ordered the new front door and were waiting for it to be installed, whenever I tried to shut the door and it just failed and I needed to open it again and really slam it, I'd then shake my fist at it dramatically and say "Your days are numbered!"

This morning, when I woke up and did my gel and went to brush my teeth while I wait for it to dry so I can put pants on (going around in a t-shirt and no pants like Winnie the Pooh is my normal morning routine...), I raised my right arm to scratch an itch or something, and it bounced off my right breast, which I then watched wobble around a little and then I clenched my fist and said "Your days are numbered!"

I even tried to do some mental math to figure out the number. (I came up with something in the mid-50s before my first-thing-in-the-morning brain got too tired, I don't remember now what it was.)

So. Yeah. It seems I'm okay now.

I attribute this to the combination, the excellent one-two punch, of getting my annoying feelings out of my head yesterday and, last night while I was at Queer Club, getting a text from [personal profile] haggis which says "In lieu of congratulations, I will say Solidarity on Bodily Autonomy as a human right!"

That made me grin. I was just heading home and it was an excellent end to the day.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-26 03:50 pm (UTC)
barakta: (Default)
From: [personal profile] barakta
Wolfram Alpha is great for "how many days till" or "days between Date and Date" questions if helpful to you.

I love the "your days are numbered!". Here's to a manageable countdown and I am delighted that your body will be a bit better shaped soon.

Your friend's SMS is excellent. I'm jealous of their wordcleverness :D.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-26 04:39 pm (UTC)
barakta: (Default)
From: [personal profile] barakta
True re teeth, although I find I haven't got good enough working memory to do that kind of counting in my head. Kim does it while she's riding bikes, does mental maths - she has good working memory.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-26 05:07 pm (UTC)
otter: (Default)
From: [personal profile] otter
That is a great text! And if I may, I'd like to join in with that sentiment.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-26 06:24 pm (UTC)
suncani: image of book and teacup (Default)
From: [personal profile] suncani
Both are excellent phrases 😁

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-26 07:21 pm (UTC)
haggis: (Default)
From: [personal profile] haggis
Oh, I am really glad that text hit the right note!

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-27 01:17 am (UTC)
otter: (Default)
From: [personal profile] otter
<3

Profile

the cosmolinguist

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 45 6 78
9 10 11 12 13 1415
16 1718 19 20 2122
23 24 25 26 27 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags